So this is 2009. A cursed year behind us and now nothing but a fresh start, plenty of shenanigans, many misadventures and probably a whole lot of scandal and gossip to report in the 12 months ahead.
So far so good for 2009. New Years Eve was quite the night. I got incredibly drunk on very little which was a blessing due to the fact it allowed me to take home a bottle of vodka unopened. It was like a time portal back to the past. Yes a lot of vodka in the McGuinness house had been consumed (all in one glass- what else is new) but after that it was purely a mixture of 2 cheeky vimtos and 8 wkd bottles. Yes was this really the world we lived in? WKD was getting me drunk again? Or was I just swept up by the emotion and relief at escaping a god awful year that i was merely semi drunk and the rest being emotion dragged up by the previous 12 months? Who knows. Either way it was good fun as we sat about drinking and listening to the crap on my new Ipod.
Ah yes 2008 had ended with me breaking my old ipod, a shattering moment on the concrete floor whilst surprisingly sober. It also ended with me having to wipe my computer to fix everything (dont worry everything was saved) and also had me accidently wiping my phone (so text me your numbers if you read this) All in all it was building to 2009. A fresh start.
I spent 2009 new years day relaxing about on the sofa whilst yesterday was the day cable was fitted in my room. My aim to have cable installed in my room, whilst also being so i can watch the match on a sunday without my nan watching eastenders, is to try and keep me in a bit more. For financial reasons and also due to the fact it appears no one wants to go out anymore...maybe it's good we're all getting old/boring (delete as appropriate)
Two thousand and bloody nine. I'll turn 24 that year. That's the year my mum and Dad got married. This really is game over terrority. But not to worry. I now have cable in my room. A cable box which records things onto a hard drive! Plus a computer next to it with the internet. Perfect tools to ignore the ever changing landscape of my life and hide away from getting old. Yes things might not be perfect in my life but have you managed to record the FA cup spurs vs Wigan game to your V+ hard drive? No? Oh but you're happy with a girlfriend/boyfriend? Got a nice job too? Yeah? Oh very good. But again did you manage to record the Fa cup spurs vs Wigan game to your V+ hard drive? Ah no you didn't.
Therefore I win.
Anyway here are some of my goals for 2009.
- To spend less on boozy nights out
- But to continue to encourage and urge people to stop abandoning their youthful ways and suddenly getting 'older' and 'mature' before their time i.e boring. I will still be the flag bearer for 'good times'. I will still mock any boring individuals who have suddenly got too good for the misadventures and shenanigans. Maybe they're better than this...but they don't need to say it...
- I will try to be more positive (unless life screws me over again)
- I will attempt to explore my deep feelings and emotions whilst attempting to deal with them once and for all (without opening the abyss aka 2003 David- or getting too emotional again...aka David 2003.
- I will have fun and good times.
Now at this point good viewer the choice is yours on whether to return to this webpage. You can leave me having survived a dreadful year standing before you with hope for the future as seen by my goals for the year. Still want to come with me to 2009?
You still want to come with me? If you do I should warn you. You'll see all types of things crazy shenanigans, emotional experiences and misadventure filled twists and unbelievable turns. It wont be quiet, it wont be safe and it it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be. A trip of a lifetime!
Yes the above was stolen from a well known advert which just happened to be playing. It was edited for my own egotistical use.
See you soon!
Saturday, 3 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment