Greetings friends and lovers. How's it hanging you fantastically lovely people? I'm generally showing contempt for life currently. It's February. It's dark. It's cold. If it fucking continues to snow every day i'm going to scream. Once is fair enough but now every sodding day it's snowing and not sticking at all. Absolutely pointless and seeing everyone in work screaming "it's snowing!!" and running to the window is incredibly annoying. Nope that isn't snow. That's mostly rain.
Anyway i should try to stop ranting half way through an opening paragraph to an entry. It doesn't give the best impression. Really i'm waffling as i'm not motivated much to write at the point. I don't know whether this is a good thing. Maybe its because bad things haven't happened to me so far this year to give my brain enough material to over analyse. I'm not angry enough to rant much either. Does this mean i've chilled in my old age or i'm merely apathetic to my own existence and no longer care about irritating hats, crappy trains, people who hysterically laugh over snow and the lacklustre people who hang around concert square. Maybe i just don't care about my rants anymore.
In more interesting news i've finally booked my holidays. Krakow in April for 6 days should be entertaining. Low prices, cheap hostel and easily accessible alcohol armed with my partner in crime Armstrong means several things could occur on this holiday.
- We get drunk a lot of nights and have fun and frolics
- We get drunk a lot of nights and get into massive shenanigans possibly involving a polish man called 'Dak'.
I'm going to bet on the second option since I feel the straight forward holiday memories will be impossible with an Armstrong and such cheap available alcohol. We're staying in what appears to be a homosexually run hostel. The memories are already being created I see. I'm sure Greg and Tom will be most welcoming with their 'cold meats' and 'vodka tasting nights'.
For the main event of the summer i'm heading back to Zante. The last train i went there was with a girlfriend back in 2007 (i had a girlfriend?!) now i'm going back with Martin my Gran Canaria dog chased companion, Will the non organiser now and the return of Dave to a holiday. A fine cast list what should be a truly memorable holiday. I'm now eager to experience the bars i walked past on last time. The hotel we're staying in is the 42nd best in Zante. Sadly there are only 46 hotels in Zante. Oops. But does accomodation really mean anything? I say not. Back in 2006 maybe so as i pined on the balcony watching wimbledon. But i'm a changed man now who will be clowning about too much to really care.
Two things to be looking forward in the coming weeks. I'm sure this 'diary' will be covering both events extensively and hopefully some massive shenanigans and eventful memories will be captured on these lovely pages.
Until then the non events of my life will continue with little to report other than anger at going to work and frustration at being cock blocked about being able to represent at the careers fair and getting off work for the day. Instead it's a full day tackling all your problems and needs. The country breathes a sigh of relief...a collective moan comes from my work companions.
Until next time or until something eventful occurs to write about (hey i'm enjoying the lack of events after 2008...) or until I snap and finally want/care enough to rant again,
This has been your teacher
David.
Monday, 9 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment