My birthday isnt until Tuesday so i don't have to bear the knowledge that i will be 23. My word that is a truly old age. I know i've been saying "21 is old" and "22 is really old" before and i must sound like a broken record. But seriously, 23 is old. I was always lying before then i said my previous ages were old. I think to get a rise out of people. But 23 is a settling down age. I'm about as far away from settling down as a Gypsy. My life is more up in the air than Richard Branson in a hot air balloon. (before he crashes)
I'm busy listening to the script's album (which i have to say is a fine album) whilst looking through the pictures of last year's birthday. Happy smiling pictures of me, my dad, my mum and my sister before the night began and everyone started arriving at my house. So many pictures of friends who drifted away into the abyss and pictures of people you barely see anymore. Pictures of people who would be affected so much by personal tragedy themselves in the year that faced us all exactly one year ago today. One one knew what would happen in the year ahead

Now this entry might sound like the writings of a depressed maniac. But i'm truly not. I'm just feeling very reflective on this day because it connects me with my birthday from last year and it does really make you think. Yet again i'm left with a feeling of indifference towards this rollercoaster we call life.
Tonight i shall commence my drinking at 7pm and head into town at around 9:45pm (if taxis can show up) before crashing into the blue angel with tidal wave force. Maybe i need to complete this birthday night lap once more in order to bury the memories of said birthday last year. Maybe to prove that i lived through the car wreck adventure of being 22.
I'm off to ASDA in a bit to buy alcohol, a wide screen tv and much more fun. If you're out and about come and meet me in town and have a drink with me to celebrate the arrival of a new age and hopefully better times not only for me but more importantly those folk around me.
On Tuesday i'll be doing it all over again with people from work. I finish work at 8pm and head straight for cheap vodka and more frolics before eventually ending i should imagine at my home from homes the blue angel.
The David Rooney Birthday Tour 2008 commences tonight. If you wish to drink with me at any point over the next 5 nights just name your location and i shall be there...
No comments:
Post a Comment