Saturday, 28 June 2008

Things I should have done a while ago

Finally the weekend and it goes as quickly as it comes. Already way through and so far all i've done is get extremely drunk. No change there then. Last night was pretty good watching the smart shirt tuesdays in southport. Double vodka and coke being £2.60 was also pretty damn nice.

I can't remember the exact moment I got drunk or if it was really a combination of high spirits and relief at finally having a full weekend to enjoy. Whatever it was though led to a fine night and an equally fine burger upon my return home.

The lads did very well. All the other bands seemed horribly generic. Sort of "look at me i can play generic band music on my guitar". The smart shirts were different. A good different. I've never liked that type of music (being an old school pop music fan) but even i was tapping to two particular songs. It wasn't even the fake 'look at me i'm tapping my foot and making an effort' foot tap. It was the 'i didnt even know i was tapping my foot' foot tap. Very similar to the 'i didn't mean to grab your arse' hand grab or the 'it just happens sometimes if it's cold' crotch movement. Never mind...

(The lads weren't too impressed with Rooney's suggestion to be included in revised band line up or new band name of El Rooney and the lovely assosicates)

I've never wanted to be part of a band myself. It looks cool to be able to play a musical instrument and having the appeal of drunk teen girls seems to be a plus point too. I always wanted to be an entertainer however. In a way i've achieved this goal. Though I don't entertain the world masses on tv or film or the written world I do achieve the small circle of my friends with my drunken hijinx.


Last night it was running off with Ken drunkenly after far too many double vodkas (actually about 3) and running into a honda formula 1 car and a showbiz party. I don't know exactly what was going but it seemed to be some very swanky posh function going on. The sight of me running around outside taking pictures of myself sitting on their full model f1 car probably spoiled the sight a lot. I certainly got a lot of angry looks from the tuxuedo wearing gentry inside.

As you might have been able to tell the suit jacket was back. Yes it might not look pretty and it might look stupid with jeans but this jacket has been through a lot with me. A drunken purchase with armstrong at asda in the early hours of a wednesday morning (this was also the night where unemployed armstrong with very little money in his pocket spent a tenner on the GOAL movie dvd) the suit jacket rose in reputation as i paraded it every night out in town. Much to the disgust of will and my ex who claimed it 'didn't go with anything'.

Well i'm single now...it's my civic duty to enjoy my freedom by once again bringing the suit jacket out of retirement and leading more wacky adventures in the asda rejected half price suit jacket. It's not only my duty. It's my destiny!

Tonight it's kens and i'm charging up my camera as we speak for some drunken movies. If armstrong turns up it'll be two episodes of fantastico football. Whilst i'm at it the sound of some drunken movies sounds fun too. What better way to spend a weekend than with pleasant company, fine drink and making low budget crappy movies with loved ones? I personally can't think of much better activities.

Tomorrow i'm planning on releasing something to the internet I should have done a while ago. But i won't spoil the surprise. By not spoiling it also means if i don't do it i won't lose face.

Until later my friends,

The RoonMeister
The R Is for Revealing

No comments: