Sunday, 29 June 2008

Germany FTW

I've made an arrogant bet of £10.00 on Germany to beat Spain tonight in the Euro 2008. Obviously as seen by my recent track history of betting this is destined to lose. I'm making a habit of losing so far in 2008 (daily emotional moment...awwwww) Hopefully a win will push me on into the rest of the week...

So far i'm not feeling too depressed about going back into work tomorrow. I get paid on Monday with a nice tasty thousand pounds to my name. My bank balance is moderately healthy and happy but i know at any moment could be raped dramatically. But that's another story which i won't tell you about for now.

So far i'm still torn between what to buy. A new wide screen tv? That'd be nice. But i'd need an aerial in my room. Big wide screen tvs arent designed for a rubbish little portable aerial on top of it...what with it not having a top to place it on...

Or do I buy a playstation 3? Wasting time playing it online would probably help slow down my need to go out continously. But for how long? Would it provide me fun for about a month before I'd get bored of it and return to sitting on the computer pestering people to join me at a pub/bar...anywhere really.

Can anything quell my need to get out and about these days though? If I had the chance i'd be out every single bloody night. What does that make me? Mad man? Raging alcoholic (i didnt say i'd drink every night) or...I don't know. But enough about me going on about myself all the time in these silly posts.

I know everyone is fascinated with the mental make up of yours truly (because you all love me and follow my life intently) but i'm even starting to bore myself so i'll shut up and instead move onto something a lot more interesting.

Stuart Miles is gay.

Yes i know this is indeed the least stunning information ever to greet anyone but still he's actually now come out of the broom cupboard and admitted this. In a way it's disappointed me. He was always mysterious like that now he's spoiled the surprise. Yes you knew father christmas never existed (how could he go to all the houses in one night- no one fell for the bullshit timezone reasons) but it was the romanticism of it all that intrigued children into wanting to believe. The same with Miles. We all knew he was beyond camp but the idea that we all knew this 'secret' made us all feel so special.

By the way if you don't know who stuart miles is...well you need to be put down like a raging dirty dog. Stuart Miles was a presenter in Blue Peter. He represented my childhood as much as Andi Peters.

Surprisingly both are gay. I wonder what that says about my childhood.




But Stuart ruined the mystique of his sexuality with this world shattering statement

"I've never made any secret of my sexuality. Sexual frustration can be a powerful thing. I should know after five years on Blue Peter, where you're expected to be like Action Man - smooth all over with no genitals."

We all knew Stuart but why do this? Why go from blue peter to gaydar radio? I thought that no matter how mad my life gets or how screwed over it becomes i could always rely on knowing that Stuart Miles was there. He was smooth all over with no genitals but we all knew he was gay. He's ruined it now.

Life is corrupted.

No comments: