I don't really know why i've started writing on the internet again. Maybe its because today i've got spare time on my hands because i'm off work. If so this is as about as doomed as HMS Titanic and will crash and burn as quickly as it started...but maybe just maybe it will bring out my creative flow once again and let me entertain or bore those with nothing better to do on the internet (and after the endless flow of low grade pornography and the constant tagging of photos on facebook there isnt much else to do).
Due to the fact everyone who reads this will inevitably already know me I don't feel the need to introduce myself to you all. But then again i am egotistical to consider myself worthy of an introduction to people who already know me well. I prefer "honest" to egotistical however. Just like i prefer when to then. But you'll soon get onto that.
As seen by the very dull "about me" section I couldn't really think of anything very witty. I wanted some immense descriptions of me which potrayed a legendary mythical man. I also wanted to try and create a division between David Rooney the person and the cool party king The RoonMeister. But I realised that a division doesn't really exist they are one of the other. David likes to drink as much as The RoonMeister likes to sleep. I've suddenly realised at this point that even people who already know me will begin to be creeped out by me acting just a little too bizarre so let's drop that immediately and move onto more pressing matters, such as the state of affairs in 2008.
If 2008 was going to be a football team it'd inevitably be Sunderland in 2004 or perhaps the Cape Verde Islands "soccer" national side. If 2008 was going to be a type of food it'd be bile and the vomit remains of last nights burger. Or finally if the year was to represent a place it'd be town during the half term holidays with miles of "cheeky" "boisterous" scamps running around with little to no parental support and the parents which are with their kids are those drug induced "my sons just letting off a little steam" shitbags.
Basically the year hasn't been too pleasant...
Toasting the year on 31st December with Will at Rob's house party. Everything seemed lovely and the potential for a damn good year. Finally I had money and a full time job rolling in. Happy filled care free days ahead....life was one weekend induced drink fest. Until 6 hours after midnight....

(I wouldn't be smiling David....it's all about to go royally tits up)
I'm smack bang in the hospital with my Dad who's collapsed. Welcome to the year 2008 the theme of the year is I get smacked down continous by a bitchy year and stagger slowly to my feet for the next bitch slap. The year which turned everything upside down again and then kicked it a little for good measure.
Not that i'm being overly dramatic or anything...
But yeah me and the year don't get on very well. I think she's sleeping with 2002 if you ask me. What slags.
I could go into much more detail about my Dad's health and the many other problems i've had this year but to do so would make me go down the road of self pity. It's not very good place to be nor very nice to read. It'd be one of those self pitying rants which make you shuffle in your seat and wonder why you opened this massacre of self pity by clicking on the link. However if you would like to read the words of self pitying David I have some lovely pages from my "book" (which people like to call my diary for some bizarre reasons) from 2002 where self pitying depressed David is all over the show.
Basically this website will not be filled with self pity or anguish. Maybe a bit of deep thought. But mainly a positive spin on bad news. Mainly what politicians do however. Am I continously positive person? Nope but I put on a fine good act at times better than any wooden hollywood actor. And as the old saying says the show must go on...
Just realised I didn't want to end any first entry on such a cheesy overused line. That's not Rooney like at all. So let's just draw line over everything in the past and move on and let the force be with us.
Ah fuck.
No comments:
Post a Comment