Tuesday, 5 August 2008

Calming the storm

A pretty wild and hectic weekend for yours truly has finally ended. I'm now off today and tomorrow so it's good times ahead and hopefully i can enjoy a rest and a lot of sleep after the shenanigans of friday and saturday night.

It was quite possibly the busiest weekend of the year for the number of social events I had. Town night on the friday and deegans party on saturday. Unfortunately for me I had to work both saturday and sunday. The busiest weekend of drinking was saddled with the one weekend i have to work in 8 weeks. Bad times.

But obviously this didnt stop me. It really should have but i'm not a quitter.

Friday I was out with the asda gang. This included being outside mcdonalds opposite my work at 3:30am thinking to myself how screwed I was with less than 4 and a half hours till i'm meant to be in work.

I survived. Barely. Thank god for the fact i had agreed to get a taxi with sarah that day. It meant i didnt need to walk to work with a massive hangover. Actually that would be a lie. I didnt have a hangover really just the feeling i was going to pass out with exhaustion. My mood changed to that of crazed hyperness later on in work. Maybe it was the lack of sleep causing me to go insane or the alcopops running through my bloodstream still.

Home for 2 hours I grabbed a quick hours sleep before i was out again to deegans. What a party. Fine food, fat frogs in a FOUNTAIN and a fine sexual bouncy castle. Plus I had Blanks pro plus meant i was on fine form. Or should that be drunken embarrassment. Yes for some reason I got very drunk even though I only had a few fat frogs and a bottle of wine. Or is that a lot to drink? Whatever it is it meant I had the rather funny moment where I ran towards the bouncy castle, which had ken and pete on it, with my pants down to my ankles as siobhan recorded it from a distance.

Unfortunately I learnt that trying to jump with pants down to the ankles doesnt work. I just collapsed on the bouncy castle with my arse sticking in the air and a horrified look from pete plus a very non impressed look from Ken. Sorry ken...also sorry for sending you that disgusting picture of the toliet in my work. (long story best not told)

Back into work sunday with time with a bit of a hangover and my body literally breaking down on the back of another 3 hour sleep. This meant a 7 hour sleep in 60 hours. Getting home from work sunday was a spiritual and sexual experience. I simply ate and went straight to bed not waking up until 7am Monday. Thankfully my internal body clock woke me up then as i had gone to bed simply for a nap and had not set my alarm clock.

Waking up still dressed, with the windows open, my tv and computer on and realising you have to get dressed and out the house within 5 minutes as its actually time for work and not time to watch crappy sunday night tv was quite a little shock to the system...but i did it. Thank god for steph giving me a lift otherwise i might not have made the final hurdle in my weekend.

It was a triumph and celebration.

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

But i came out the experience...a man.

No comments: