Sunday, 24 August 2008

Matthew Street Festival

August bank holiday rolls around again and as i look out of the window i see surprisingly a large amount of blue sky and sunshine. How strange. Bank holiday august also sees the matthew street festival kick off with 3 days of generic average at best bands playing at various stages around Liverpool with a collection of old people watching the cover versions of their favourite old songs and scallies simply in to drink as much as possible.

Which is why i'm a bit reluctant to subject myself to yet more bullshit music and heavy day of drinking due to the fact that friday alcohol raped me. Or i raped alcohol. I don't really know.

Friday was a day of celebration. A day to underline the past and actually look forward (things happened which for the interests of this website i shall no expose. But it shall be revealed in the soon to be written master novel 2008: The sad and pathetic fall of Rooney)

Unfortunately i marked the occassion on friday with excessive amounts of wine, cheeky vimtos, shots, alcopops, double vodkas...it all ended in quite a mess. I remember being in pop world around midnight completely and utterly destroyed. Everyone was around me making out with various other people. It's in these circumstances that the alcohol infested mind takes control and it leads you on a dangerous path to freedom. With no one to chat to, as everyones mouth was occupied already, I took the path to redemption.

Yeah i ended up in the blue angel alone.

I don't really know what i did there. I remember paying to get in and buying 2 wkd red. That's about it. Everything else is a blur. I'm not even sure how long i stayed in there for. It could have been 10 minutes or 2 hours. Which is the more worrying thing.

All i remember is getting in and feeling qutie sick and collapsing on my bed. I wake up in the morning with a large straw summer hat next to me and a quite absurd keyring. I was frozen by the sheer volume of my hangover. I needed to pee but this would be one path i could not take. I realised if i was to get out of bed i would surely be violently ill. So i closed my eyes and let my thoughts take over.

In other news my dad is back in hospital again. The 9 months of absolutely bastardness continues in terms with how he's doing.

Also i may indeed get away on holiday this year after all but it's going to be a tight one. After making a booking to go somewhere the website screwed up and charged us an extra 90 quid and gave us a different hotel...some phone rantings later and it got cancelled and money refunded. Now we must try again on thursday to get somewhere to go. After the year i've had the chance to go on holiday is surely a neccessity.

No comments: