Tuesday, 26 August 2008

Surviving not winning

Bank holiday is over. I didn't end up going into matthew street but instead found myself at kev's house enjoying a fine bottle of rose and watching an informative look back on the olympics as well as learning about crazy brian.

With all the loose ends sorted behind me its now becoming painfully obvious that things in my life are going to change dramatically beyond all recognition for me. I've always felt vulnerable towards change but am beginning to realise that it happens wherever you like it or not.

Friends in your life come and go, you change jobs more times than your underwear, you don't stay in the innocence of school all your life and death changes everything and everyone.

I suppose our mission in life is to accept change and realise that no matter how much we fight the inevitable it always keeps happening. You can do everything humanly possible to avoid it or write in blogs at your frustration...but it happens. It will happen to me.

Once the ultimate change occurs it'll be down to see what happens to me after this year of shit. I suppose i'm a lucky guy in a sense that whilst the world spins on its head and erupts in craziness some people remain in the fight with me. A fight destined to be lost but nevertheless its like those crazy hollywood movies with the hero of the movie charging towards 8 machine guns blasting out its worth. For those that joining me in that heroic ended i'm eternally grateful.

For one or two people maybe it got a little uncomfortable being in the fight with me. Maybe it stopped them worrying about their own little problems. Maybe it made more sense to sweep it under the carpet and continue with something which involved less effort and less daily upkeep. For that i don't blame them, absolutely not.

I understand the majority of this is in cyptic wording which no one will probably understand except the main part. Perhaps my idea in that is if i undo the cyptic language and shady clues, I fall.

No comments: