Wednesday, 10 December 2008

Head down and straight on

Greetings fans and i hope your advert calenders are treating you well. We're marching through december and approaching the inevitable bullshit period of the year where we all sit about all day and eat turkey and drink excessively. I prefer to eat my turkey and drink excessively throughout the year rather than save it for just one day a year.

In all seriousness though i'm quickly wanting the month to finish. I have no time for christmas this year. I am scrooge of the highest order. Don't get me wrong i'll be out to party with everyone as finally everyone decides to spend time with their friends as its 'christmas' but in truth i'll only be there for the vodka and not the fake company of another festive year.

Again just joking. I'm making myself to sound rather nasty and a bit of an alcoholic too which are neither good. As i always learnt about writing it's best to try and win fans rather than alienate people too much.

I am more looking forward to getting into 1st January. A fresh start and a chance to start over. i feel i can't put the past behind me whilst the year still ends with an 8. Maybe it's a weird psychology thing of mine or i'm just a tad mental but my head still says to me that i can't move on with things whilst i'm trapped in this year. I wonder what December 31st will bring for us all? A happy ending to a dreadful year? Or just a more contempt?

So far this week i've done very little but work and head to the blue angel. A night with Alan and Myers in O'neils to watch the champions league, as has been done many beautiful times before, on tuesday was superb. Unfortunately i drank the rose wine again. i've realised a few things about rose. It tastes nice. it gets me drunk quicker for cheaper. But it means i can't remember a sodding thing. which is dreadfully frustrating.

It makes me not want to upload the pictures from last night. Almost.

In better news i have an action packed weekend ahead of me with a night out friday for work christmas shenanigans (again i'm not out for the christmas lark), out saturday for a christmas night with my group of rooneymaniacs (again not for the christmas lark) and out sunday for the sports personality of the year awards i somehow got a ticket to (and it only cost me a tenner) which is fantastic. I'm hoping for an award.

Over the next 2 and a half weeks up to and including December 31st I will be writing a review of my year covering each month. Purely for selfish reasons to record the year for memories and time itself. Some of it may be uncomfortable reading if you enjoy a happy, jolly, unemotional, funny bastard Rooney. If you find that uncomfortable come back January 2nd where I will restart humorous articles and more than usual in depth accounts of my messed up existence (usually intoxicated). If however you want to know the secrets of my year stay tuned. I'm beginning with a review of January 2008 (naturally). I'm calling my review of the year "David Rooney: The Fall. A story of love, death and other bad things".

If you can think of a better title let me know.

But until next time fans i hope the rest of your working week goes quick. If you don't work meanwhile i hope jeremy kyle keeps you entertained.

No comments: