Tuesday, 23 September 2008

I have returned

My holiday is over. 7 days of boozing and much merryment has come to a close. It was quite possibly the greatest holiday i've ever been on in terms of sheer comedy value and to the extreme fucked upness of it all (is that even a word- it is with me). In 2006 I was a love struck fool who pined after his woman. In 2007 the holiday was boss but tame due to early returns home. Plus can you truly have a crazy holiday with your girlfriend?

In 2008 the rules had changed. I had problems to deal with. What was the best way to deal with those problems? Getting drunked every single damn night. A feat I achieved with spanish vodka, wkd, rose wine and baileys all leading to a great deal of messed up consequences and comedy storylines.

Before I really start a full recap of what happened I need to introduce you to the many different faces of David Rooney who showed up on holiday. I usually state that David and "The RoonMeister" are different people. That the RoonMeister shows up usually during the stage of complete drunkness. I do this purely for the comedy and egotisticalness of it. On holiday 2008 4 DIFFERENT people showed up. Let's meet them:

David Rooney- The obvious person. He was a little bit more sarcastic than usual and a little bit more louder than usual. Other than that it's the usual sober guy you usually meet every day.

The RoonMeister- The wild, cool and sexy drunk version of David. He was on fire this holiday. Everyone loved him. Guys would shake his hand and girls would throw themselves into his fine strong hands. He would do large amount of shots, dance around like the king of cool and generally destroy anyone verbally who stood in his way. This was The RoonMeisters moment. Unfortunately for him two other blokes showed up.

Emotional David aka Year 12 David - I was a little surprised then this bloke showed up though with the events of the previous 9 months maybe it was inevitable he'd show up. Emotional David was quiet, reflective and generally irritating. He would show up at the wrong occassions and generally cause me to go on reflective walks usually armed with a vodka and mainly quieten me down. He caused me to go to the beach one day with emotional music playing (a total year 12 thing to do) and showed up at many awkward occassions.

Angry and Bitter David- Probably the offspring of Emotional David. Angry and bitter David was unbelieviable cool and funny but generally pissed off people more than The RoonMeister could/ He hated everything and everyone. He hated women as well and went on a genuine 15 minute rant to Will about the desperation of love and the denial of marriage. Most people hated angry and bitter David. To be honest I did too. But he was pretty damn funny too at the same time.

All these David's came out at some point during the holiday. On a few occassions all 4 David's came out during one bloody night. It was irritating to be in such a weird set of mood's from the ultimate high to the all mighty low in the case of half an hour but I didn't get too wound up by myself believing it to be quite natural considering the cock of the year. So I took it all in my stride. I did my emotional walks then required (and they were beneficial), I ranted and alienated people when required and did my wild shots and poses with every girl and boy whenever I felt the need to be crazy.

It was a badly staged comedy with hilarious consequences both emotionally and drunkenly. I shall share you some of my stories over the next few days including pictures and videos of the sheer fuckedness.

No comments: